Board of Examiners
The Board of Examiners of the Institute of Public Administration, is responsible for examination and monitors the level of exams and elective courses/ packages.
- Composition of The Public Administration Board of Examiners
- Individual requests to the Board of Examiners
- Fraud and Plagiarism
The Board of Examiners of the Institute of Public Administration, is under Article 7.12 of the Law on Higher Education (WHW), responsible for examination and monitors the level of exams and elective courses/ packages. Key tasks and responsibilities include: promulgating rules and regulations on exams; granting exemptions; taking measures with regard to order, fraud, plagiarism, etc., decisions on appeals of students and the decisions on the BSA. The Board of Examiners is also charged with granting individual retakes, issuing certificates and assessing requests concerning individual adjustments to the program and the implementation of the electives/ elective programs.
The scope of the boards authority and the department's applicable rules and regulations are laid out in two distinct but related documents, namely the Regulations for Teaching and Examinations drawn up by the Campus the Hague Faculty, and the Rules and Regulations (R&R), drawn up by the Board of Examiners.
In these two documents students can find everything they need about teaching-related issues such as:
- Registration procedures for and gaining admittance to exams and resits;
- The validity of completed exams and practical exercises (such as term papers);
- Policy for resits and requesting an extra exam;
- Evaluation, partial marks, the rounding of scores and determining the final mark;
- Fraud and plagiarism;
- Regulations pertaining to special circumstances
The Public Administration Board of Examiners is made up of various members, each with different tasks:
- Mw. dr. dr. A.C. Wille (deputy-chair)
- Mw. dr. N.A.J. van der Zwan
- Dhr. dr. J. Matthys
- Dhr. Prof.dr. J.J.M. van Holsteijn (extern lid)
- Mw. K. Ouhssaine (official secretary)
The Board of Examiners in its capacity also processes individual requests from students regarding their studies (questions regarding the RTE and R&R).
Students contact the Board of Examiners, via the page: Individual requests to the Board of Examiners.
For individual questions to the Board of Examiners the following rules and procedures are applicable. All questions and any supporting evidence are only considered if sent through the web form (not by e-mail).
Cases of fraud and plagiarism are taken very seriously by the Institute of Public Administration and there is a penalty for plagiarism.